Back in college, I used to love going to a cafe on campus that served smoked gouda pasta salad. It was so full of flavor and I could (and did!) eat it all the time! After I graduated, I experimented with different recipes to make it at home. A few mediocre tries later, I came upon a smoked gouda pasta salad recipe by The Pioneer Woman. And let me tell you, it was just as good as the one I used to have in college, maybe even a little better because of the addition of adobo sauce!
It’s such a delicious change from the typical pasta salads because it’s packed with a rich smokey flavor.
• 1 box penne pasta
• 1 packet smoked gouda cheese
• 1 can adobo sauce
• 1 bunch basil
• 2 cups cheery tomatoes
• 1/2 sun dried tomatoes
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 4 tbsp vinegar
• Salt and pepper
1. Cook the penne according to directions and drain water.
2. To make dressing, mix together mayo (can substitute whole plain greek yogurt to make it healthier), 5tbsp of the adobo sauce, vinegar, and salt and pepper. If you want extra spiciness, then add the peppers from the adobo sauce. They’re really spicy, so start off with one and add more if you like it spicier.
3. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, cubed gouda, basil, and cooked pasta.
5. Pour on the dressing and mix well. Add in basil and give it another light mix. Chill and serve cold!
Jamila B says
Pinning! Sounds yummy!
Thanks Jamila! Let us know how it turns out!