Figs are one of six fruits mentioned in the Quran by name. In fact, there’s a whole chapter named after this amazing fruit! Now is the perfect time to eat some fresh figs because they’re in season during late summer and fall.
• Figs are very high in fiber, which is good for multiple reasons, including;
– Helps regulate the body and relieves constipation
– Helps with weight loss by making you feel fuller
– It is soluble fiber, which helps to lower cholesterol
• Boosts the antioxidants in the body
• High in flavanoids, which may prevent colon cancer
• A good source of magnesium and potassium, and may help control blood pressure
• Helps with anemia because of high iron and folate content
• Fig leaves can help control diabetes and insulin intake
• They are anti-inflammatory
• High in calcium
Here is just one of the many ways we’ve been enjoying this delicious fruit – goat cheese and fig crostini! Top it off with a drizzle of honey. It tastes amazing and makes a quick and pretty appetizer!