If you follow the recipe for taco meat on any seasoning packet, it usually turns out dry and unflavorful. My friend Ayesha shared this recipe with me and it’s amazing. The taco meat actually has flavor and is so moist! You must have good quality taco seasoning. I love using Trader Joe’s spice mix, although its more on the spicy side. Read on gente!
1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2-1 package taco seasoning
1/2 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, diced
1 tomato, diced
1. Wash your meat. Some people prefer to skip this step. I wash until all the blood is gone.
2. Heat 1 TB of oil in a pan. Sauté the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add ground beef and the taco seasoning. Cook on medium-high until all the water is gone.
3. Once most of the water is gone, throw in the tomatoes and some water. You can also use a can of crushed or diced tomatoes if you don’t have fresh ones on hand.
3. Simmer on low with the cover. Cook for one hour. That’s Ayesha’s secret! Cooking the meat for an hour allows the flavors to absorb and blend into the meat. Make sure you check on it often and stir.
4. Assemble your tacos and eat!! Nom nom!
Leave a Reply