Mango season is finally here! Who doesn’t love mangos? I was craving pancakes and decided to put a healthy spin on it by using coconut oil instead of butter. Then to top it all off, a syrup made from pureed mangos! My family devoured them, including my almost two year old! Try these pancakes the next time you want to take a trip to the tropics.
Coconut Mango Pancakes
Author: Honey and Dates
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tb sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 Tb coconut oil
- 1 cup mango pureed
- ⅓ cup water
- 3-5 Tb sugar, depending on how sweet mangos are
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Handful of mango, cut in small cubes
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix in the eggs, milk, and coconut oil into the dry mixture.
- Mix the batter until smooth.
- Spoon the batter on a preheated griddle and cook over medium heat. When you see bubble forming, flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
- To make the syrup, blend mangos in a blender to make a puree. Place it in a saucepan with water and sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Right before serving, mix in lime juice and serve warm over pancakes.
- Sprinkle some coconut flakes, mango pieces and even pineapple pieces to top it all off!
Leave a Reply