The past few days have been filled with very heavy eating since my mom is here. All the biryani, nihari, and meat was getting to me. So I decided to make a salad. The next task was to think of which salad to make. I used to be obsessed with the kale salad that’s now available everywhere. I don’t even know how many times I’ve eaten it and taken it to parties!
I was in the mood for something sweet so I came up with this Sweet Spinach Salad. I had something similar to it at Corner Bakery and fell in love. Seriously, you wouldn’t even think this combination of ingredients would taste good. And on top of that, it’s very versatile. You can add or eliminate whatever you want. Take it to your next potluck to impress all your guests and make them come back for more!
- Bagged baby spinach
- Naval oranges (I used a can)
- Dried cranberries
- Sliced strawberries
- Sweet nuts (I used TJ's sliced honey roasted almonds)
- Feta cheese or goat cheese
- Raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- Place the spinach in a bowl. Add desired amount of oranges, cranberries, strawberries, nuts, and feta. Toss with the salad dressing. Serve immediately.